Friday, September 11, 2009

"Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you.” Annie Dillard


A freshly brewed latte with just a touch of sweet Italian cream....the sun causing my eyes to squint as it pours through my east dining room window....the promise of an absolutely stunning early autumn day....blue sky, thriving potted flowers, a very slight breeze....we live in an amazing place. The boys are at school. I am missing my girls - now in 3 different cities. Jim is at work - in the midst of a big expansion with his business. Snippets of Stravansky's Firebird Suite are running through my brain. We began rehearsals last night and these snippets remind me that I REALLY have to practice!!! I have not updated this blog since May and my friend (thank-you, Kylie) keeps telling me I have to blog!!! So....I'm back. Much will be happening this fall as we enjoy our boys, now a freshman in high school and a 2nd grader. Monica is in college on the west coast and I will love going to visit her (and maybe take a peek at the Pacific Ocean!) Melissa is thriving and growing in Bible School. I get to see her on a web stream regularly which helps to keep me connected. I will be travelling south to welcome my new granddaughter next month. That will radically change my life, I know. And Peter and Amanda are here in town, living very full, purposeful lives - continually amazing me at how God is shaping and using their passions for prayer and worship. I sit here overwhelmingly blessed. Thank-you, Father. And, Kylie....this blog's for you!!!!!

6 comments:

Monica Hartzell said...

Oh, mom! I miss you so much. I love you! Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement. I wish I could hear your concert...maybe I will be able to be there for the Christmas concert! Let's talk again soon!!

Kylie and crew. said...

You are a great writer!!! You need to blog...:) Asher loves ALL the books you let him borrow. We have read each on a number of times. He had such a wonderful time with you. You inspire me to be a better mama! Love you lots.

aure_runs said...

Hey even I'm glad to read your blogs and about whats going on at home with my "other family" =) i miss you guys too!

Love, Lauren

Lissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lissa said...

mom! I really like it when you write stuff on your blog...you are a really good writer :).
I am so glad that I got to talk to you last night and I wish we could have talked for longer. I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you next month. I can't believe it's that soon. Yay!
Keep writing here, I love looking at your blog :)

Bethany said...

Mom,

This is a beautiful post. I agree with Lissa and Kylie- you are such a good writer. I miss you, but I get to see you in less than a month!!! I can't wait. You are going to be the best grandma in the world. I'm so thankful for you and dad!