Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer's End

This morning my toes are cold.  The boys are back in school.  I have my own "To do" list waiting for me.  The boys are all signed up for hockey.  Lessons begin soon.  
Summer is waning.  Autumn is approaching.
As I look back at photos of our adventures this summer, I smile.  We had some wonderful times.  Nothing earth shaking (except that Erik traveled to Ethiopia in July!)  But we were together - Jim, Erik, William and I.

We began our summer with a trip to Glacier Park
- our favorite place to roam...

Our last trip of the summer found us in British Colombia.
Stunningly beautiful.
At Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia,
Erik and William loved the swimming and diving.
I finished two books.
Now we spring into a new season.
(Sorry for the cheesy pun...I just couldn't resist!)
And I offer thanks to our God for the beautiful,
special, often routine, together moments
He gave us this summer.
"Thanks makes NOW a sanctuary."
Ann Voskamp



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post mom! You're pictures are great and I wish I could have been on those adventures with you guys. I can't wait to see you!!

Kylie and crew. said...

Your words are beautiful. I think you should blog more often. I love the way you write!